Open position at Powder River Transportation Coach USA Billings Office. If interested in this position please go to company web site: jobs.coachusa.com
Job Title: Dispatcher Full Time position
Shift: Rotating shifts
Reports To: Montana Operations Manager
Salary Level: Non-Exempt (starts at $14.00 or higher based on experience)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES to include but not limited to:
· Act as primary Liaison between Operators, Maintenance and Operations
· Scheduling Operators and Coaches according to bid runs, open runs and Charters
- Maintain schedule for all runs with operators; verify all runs are covered including Red Lodge, Big Timber,
- Assisting Wyoming locations as needed.
- Verify coach status with Maintenance, update board for Coach availability and status
· Verify Hours of Service availability and Fit for Duty requirements
- Visual inspection of license, medical card and log book.
- Verify operator availability for charter, cover mine runs as required
- Arrange per diem, hotel accommodations; assist with complications while on the road.
· Check in Operators for all locations
- Document on time, tardiness, Call offs , and Operator issues
- After run or charter secure buildings.
- Distribute work tickets pre-run and enter data into system post run
· Data entry, filing and switch board requirements
- HOS, fuel, passenger count, mileage and mileage report
- Monitor phone calls; communicate with manager on-call any issues
- Charter paperwork and work tickets, logs in alphabetical order per date
· Performs other duties as assigned.NECESSARY SKILLS
Knowledge of Microsoft office suit.
Excellent people skills and communicative skills.
Knowledge of Safety rules and Federal & State Regulations for facilities and operators.
Prefer Commercial Driver’s License – CDL “B” with a “P” & Air Brake endorsement plus any other endorsement needed to accomplish training of operators or must qualify for CDL within 6 months. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Prefer 1 year of experience dispatching in the transportation industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the transportation industry. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.