Job Title: Shop Foreman
Reports To: Shop Manager
Supervises: All Mechanics
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Coordinates and directs the workload of the Maintenance Department for maximum efficiency and productivity while providing quality repair work including but not limited to vehicle preventative maintenance and repair, shop safety, environmental compliance, inventory control and purchasing. Advises and recommends changes and improvement to the Shop Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Communicates with Operations Department to ensure all units are ready to meet daily assignments.
· Assign jobs and work areas to assigned employees according to their skills and knowledge.
· Direct and assist in the diagnosis of vehicle problems so that repairs are completed in minimum amount of time.
· Inspect completed repairs to make certain repairs are correct. Keep Shop Manager informed of progress on all jobs.
· Coordinate with the Shop Manager to schedule Mechanics for training. Assign jobs to coincide with training when possible.
· Ensure that all procedures are performed safely, and that Mechanics have adequate knowledge of how to safely operate the areas of coach being repaired.
· Inspect and repair all special tools. Recommend new tooling as required.
· Advise Shop Manager of all department complaints.
· Prepare and complete all reports, forms and work orders required in conjunction with work assignments. Must have strong computer skills.
· Review all completed work orders for completeness and accuracy concerning parts, repairs, labor hours, etc.
· Maintain good housekeeping discipline for a clean and safe working environment.
· Communicate daily with the Shop Manager to review Maintenance Department performance and personnel matters.
· First line of contact for all mechanical breakdowns both on location and over the road.
· Must be able to travel to locations based on company needs.
· Perform other duties and functions as directed by Management in line with the objectives of our business.
Qualifications and Skills:
Experience in repair of all vehicular equipment.
Experience in all areas of preventive maintenance.
Experience in troubleshooting equipment problems.
Experience in operation of various tools and equipment as required.
Experience in maintenance and repair procedures.
Ability to lift heavy objects.
Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Must have CDL, HVAC certification, Brake Inspector Certification, Welding Certification a plus, High School Diploma or GED. Supervisory Experience, Ability to work multiple shifts. Must have basic computer skills.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive compensation package including a benefits program, 401K (with company match), and paid time off.
Apply online at www.coachusa.jobs or send your resume to: Claudia.Gamboa@coachusa.com.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.