Kerrville Bus Co / Coach USA currently has an opportunity as Safety Manager for our Texas operations
Job Summary: The Safety Manager is responsible for overseeing the health and safety of our employees. It is the Safety Managers duty to anticipate, identify and correct any problems involving safety and to implement procedures that will prevent accidents and injuries.
· Ensures all operators are current with training requirements of company.
· Maintains adherence to FMCSA, FTA, EPA, DOT and OSHA regulations
· Ensures all new hires meet minimum general qualification.
· Oversees completion of all safety related audits.
· Conducts company safety meeting and facility inspections.
· Reviews all vehicular accidents, passenger/employee injuries to determine cause and preventability.
· Submits monthly loss summaries, administer accident claims and maintains accident files.
· Ensures company safety protocols are followed consistently, including assignment of discipline.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience / Education
· College degree or 5+ years of Safety Management Experience
· Previous transportation management experience in similar environment
Workable knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit.
Excellent people skills and communicative skills.
Ability to work independently and manage own schedule to meet operational needs.
Knowledge of all applicable safety rules, regulations – FTA, FMCSA, DOT OHSA
· Works in office and field environment
· Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
· Up to 50% travel
Competitive wages based on experience.
Flexible spending accounts.
9 Paid Holidays
"Coach USA: Committed to Delivering Safe, Affordable, Greener Travel”
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender.
Please apply online at www.coachusa.jobs to be considered for this position or send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org