Elizabeth, NJ 07206
Join Coach USA, a leader in the bus transportation industry, and discover a career that offers remarkable benefits. Schedulers Prepares headways and determines cycle times, ensuring that standards of recovery time, running time and frequencies are met and that bus requirements are minimized. Determines scheduling impact for proposed service revisions. Discusses with Planners possible modifications that might lead to efficiencies.**JOIN US@ OUR ON-SITE JOB FAIR ** On the spot interviews!Saturday, October 30th, 2021 8:00am to 2:00pm349 First St, Elizabeth, NJWe Offer:
•Guaranteed Full Time and Overtime when available
•Paid Weekly/Direct Deposit
•Company Paid Life Insurance
•401(k) retirement plan Major Functions:
•Creates schedules, blocks, and runs cuts based on accomplished headway. Hooks up trips to build ideal blocks, deadheading when necessary, and developing efficient connector using knowledge of the location of trip origin/end sites. Cuts completed blocks into operator assignments that are optimal. Cuts runs to obtain the best possible efficiencies for the designated garage location.
• Organizes work to enhance implementation into computer system.
• Accurately and efficiently prepares garage picks under contractual deadlines.
• Examines the balance of AM and PM work and seeks to improve it where possible. From seven days of work, creates the best combo table and relief table.
• Utilizes computer routines for completing garage pick, including PUBLISH routines. Meets all established deadlines.
• Accurately prepares headways and supplemental reports. Completes all garage related statistical reports as needed (e.g., tolls, schedule statistics, manpower, open work bus requirements, paddles, and lot reports).
• Prepares reports for printing. Maintains computer documents, applying proper procedures.
• Prepares work in appropriate computer environment following established procedures. Ensures integrity and consistency of computer database.
• Flags items that appear to be incorrect or inconsistent for review by Senior Schedule Maker or appropriate planning staff to determine appropriate resolution.
• Represents the Bus Service Planning Department at meetings with other departments or the public. Participates in special assignments, as needed. Assists the public as assigned in service emergencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• One year of closely related work experience can be substituted for each year of education required.Preferred:
• Experience in scheduling, planning, or dispatch desired.
• Experience with data collection and analysis desired. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals in all units of measure, including time.
• Must be able to manage numerous duties while meeting operation deadlines and work well in a team environment.
If interested, please apply online at www.coachusa.jobs
Apply in person at:
349 First St.
Elizabeth, NJ 07206
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability, or any other protected group status.
Begin Application Now